http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6645/3265/320/tyroneheadshot.jpg

Tyrone-Mitchell-Henderson

This is where I'd like to share some thoughts about acting,the process,interviews,my craft business and upcoming events

Friday, June 30, 2006

Actors Equity:A household name

So...While working at the Alliance Theatre this spring I decided for the first time to include the tag line, "Member Actor's Equity," in my bio. Yesterday when I went to the mail box I found that I had been mailed an Equity pin, with a letter from Equity thanking me for including them in my bio.

After some thought, I realized that Equity is trying to "Brand" themselves and make the union a household name. It makes perfect sense to me. With status and recognition comes some weight.

SAG not only has name recognition amongst actors, but also an award ceremony named after the union that's televised no less.

So in my humble opinion we need this strength for our union and I will now continue to include my tag line, depending on the number of words available, I may upgrade to "Proud member of Actor's Equity" or with fewer words "Go Equity"

The Union has a pretty up to date website with audition postings, and "How I got my Equity Card" interviews, along with 401K info, and Tax stuff too. www.actorsequity.org

Thank you Actor's Equity for your 93 years of service.