http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6645/3265/320/tyroneheadshot.jpg

Tyrone-Mitchell-Henderson

This is where I'd like to share some thoughts about acting,the process,interviews,my craft business and upcoming events

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Coming Home - Going to D.C.

Well it was an awesome experience to return to my home town and perform on the Smith Opera House stage. It was quite a reunion of friends, family and other folks that played a crucial role in my theatre beginnings. Thanks everyone who helped to make it such a wonderful show.

Now on to D.C. Currently, I am rehearsing for a production of Ibsen's An Enemy of the People. It is being perfomed at the Shakespeare Theatre Company .

We start previews on August 29th and the show runs until October 22nd. I've wanted to work at this theatre for quite some time. They have a wonderful reputation, especially in the D.C. community. The house is small, appoximately 450 seats, and the theatre has a huge subscriber base. So in order to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to see the show its run is good and long.

The last show of their 2005-2006 season was Love's Labor's Lost with Sabrina LaBeouf, and Hank Stratton.

This past Spring into Summer has allowed me to reunited with many of my fellow cast members from the productions of Angels in America. I had the opportunity to work with Rhoda Griffis in Intimate Apparel at the Alliance Theatre, Saw Todd Weeks in Atlanta while he reahearsed The Underpants, ran into Andrew Polk at my audition for An Enemy of the People, and now in D.C. to see Hank, well let's just say it's a small world.