http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6645/3265/320/tyroneheadshot.jpg

Tyrone-Mitchell-Henderson

This is where I'd like to share some thoughts about acting,the process,interviews,my craft business and upcoming events

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Parks and Whitman

In 1994, I had the pleasure of being cast in, The America Play. It was my second equity show. It was a co-production with Yale Rep and The Public Theatre. In The America Play, I played many variations of John Wilkes Booth, and characters in Our American Cousin.

Now in 2007 I have the opportunity to play some more of Suzan Lori-Parks characters. She has written a play a day for a year, also known as 365 days / 365 plays. It is such a cool concept and a massive undertaking, but to find out more click above link.

I will be participating in the Adirondack Theatre Festival's week. I will be perfoming in three plays in two days. This is also the last season that my friends, Martha Banta and her husband Dave Turner will be managing this theatre. I am very honored to be taking part in their final season.

Later this summer I will be working with Brave New World Repertory Theatre ,on Crossing Brooklyn Ferry. If you are in NY and love Walt Whitman, this is for you. See you there.