http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6645/3265/320/tyroneheadshot.jpg

Tyrone-Mitchell-Henderson

This is where I'd like to share some thoughts about acting,the process,interviews,my craft business and upcoming events

Sunday, November 18, 2007

2002 Was a Very Good Year

Yellowman and Topdog Underdog were both done in 2002. Thank goodness.

This past spring I got to play Eugene in Yellowman and now I will be playing Lincoln in Topdog/Underdog, the role originated by Jeffrey Wright.

Sibling rivalry, power struggles and 3 Card monte all at once. Two brothers, Lincoln and Booth in a one room flat.

In 1995 I was in the production of The America Play at Yale Rep and The Public Theatre and I played Man...that's it... just Man, but what I got to play was different variations of Booth, as the Foundling Father sat in an arcade theatre seat, dressed as Honest Abe (Lincoln), waiting to be shot. Lincoln's job in Topdog/Underdog is still the same.

It was the first play that I got to have my name in the Dramatists Play Service printing of a play. Very Cool.

With Topdog Underdog Suzan Lori Parks won the Pulitzer Prize for Playwrighting.

I will be doing the production slated for the Spring at Playmakers Rep. I had the opportunity to work there a few years ago in a production of Master Harold and the Boys.

Labels: , , ,